Johnson & Johnson is an American multinational company that produces and develops pharmaceutical, packaged consumer goods and medical devices. Johnson & Johnson was founded in 1886. It’s ranked No. 37 on the 2018 Fortune 500 list and it is also the largest United States corporation by total revenue. Johnson & Johnson is one of the world’s most valuable companies.
The headquarter od Johnson & Johnson is in New Brunswick, New Jersey. J&J handles over 250 subsidiaries companies and these operate in 60 countries and its products sell over 175 countries. According to the calendar year 2015, Johnson & Johnson had US$70.1 billion worldwide sells. Johnson & Johnson has a high brand value and its medications and first aid supplies are worldwide famous.
The most well-known consumer products of J&J are the Band-Aid Brand line of bandages, Tylenol medications, Clean & Clear facial wash, Johnson’s Baby products, Neutrogena skin and beauty products, and Acuvue contact lenses.
The List of Johnson & Johnson Family Companies
- Baby Care
- Skin & Hair Care
- Wound Care and Topicals
- Oral Health Care
- Women’s Health
- McNeil Consumer Healthcare
- Over-The-Counter Medicines
- Biosense Webster
- DePuy Synthes
- Ethicon, Inc.
- Janssen Diagnostics BVBA
- Johnson & Johnson Vision Care, Inc.
- Bariatric Surgery for Obesity (Ethicon)
- Cardiovascular Disease (Biosense Webster, Inc.)
- Diabetes Care (LifeScan, Animas Corporation)
- Ear, Nose, and Throat Conditions (Acclarent)
- General Surgery (Ethicon, Codman Neuro)
- Hernia Surgery (Ethicon)
- Insulin Delivery Devices (Animas)
- Neurovascular Disease (Codman Neuro, DePuy Synthes)
- Orthopedics (DePuy Synthes)
- Joint Reconstruction, Trauma, Spine, Sports Medicine and Power Tools
- Surgical Instruments and Infection Prevention (Advanced Sterilization Products)
- Urologic Surgery (Ethicon)
- Vision Care (VISTAKON)
- Janssen R&D LLC
- Janssen Healthcare Innovation
- Janssen Pharmaceuticals Inc
- Janssen Diagnostics
- Janssen Therapeutics
- Janssen Scientific Affairs
- McNeil-PPC, Inc
According to the October 2010 report, J&J gained Crucell for $2.4 billion and it will operate as the center for vaccines as the wider Johnson & Johnson pharmaceuticals group. In November 2015, Biosense Webster, Inc. announced Coherex, Medical Inc. enlarge the companies range of treatment options for patients with atrial fibrillation. In March 2018, Johnson & Johnson revealed LifeScan, Inc. which will be sold off to Platinum Equity for around $2.1 billion.
In September of the same year, J&J Medical GmbH revealed Emerging Implant Technologies GmbH and manufacturer of 3D-printed titanium interbody implants for spinal fusion surgery.
In September 2018 the total market capitalization of Johnson & Johnson was valued at over US$367.5 billion. The annual revenue of Johnson & Johnson is US$81.6 billion.
In July 2018 Johnson & Johnson’s head of pharmaceuticals Joaquin Duato became the vice-chairman of the executive committee of the company.
The Previous and Current Chairmen of Johnson & Johnson
- Robert Wood Johnson I (1887–1910)
- James Wood Johnson (1910–1932)
- Robert Wood Johnson II (1932–1963)
- Philip B. Hofmann (1963–1973)
- Richard B. Sellars (1973–1976)
- James E. Burke (1976–1989)
- Ralph S. Larsen (1989–2002)
- William C. Weldon (2002–2012)
- Alex Gorsky (2012–present)
Johnson & Johnson also has some interesting positive goals to keep the company’s environment-friendly and create a positive vibe in the workplace. In Newsweek’s Green Rankings Johnson & Johnson was ranked 3rd among the United States’ largest companies. J&J also consent to change its packaging of plastic bottles used in the manufacturing process that will switch their packaging of liquids to non-polyvinyl chloride containers.